Sunday, November 14, 2010

Once a Day, Once a Week

I've decided that I will be updating once a week instead of daily...it's just too much to ask to do all of a day's work and then update a blog, too! I mean, c'mon, I'm not superwoman.

Anyway, Abilify seems to be doing the trick. It keeps me on the level without fogging me up too much. The only thing I don't like about it is the very subtle tremor I've developed. The only thing it affects, though, is my almost textbook cursive and I can't say that's a huge disappointment, just a little heartbreak. Now, if I could just sleep at night we'd be set to go! I was taking Ambien CR, but that seems not to work anymore so I went back to plain ol' Ambien to tackle my lifelong insomnia. It wasn't very effective last night as I lay in a half-awake/half-asleep status most of the night.

I had a very good visit with my new pain-management doctor last week. We are going to try a new shot for my back, a lumbar medial branch block. I've had numerous epidural steroid injections with absolutely no success, but this one is supposed to be immediately effective and, then, when it wears off, the doctor can go in a cauterize the nerves -- effective for up to 2 years. Wouldn't it be nice if he could do that in my knees, wrists, ankles, and shoulder, too? I suppose I'd look like a spaghetti noodle walking around with that many cauterized nerves, though. In the meantime, I'm still on Neurontin and Lortab, which is honestly not very effective anymore and I'll be giving my doc a call on Monday to see if there's a different combo I can get on until December 3rd when I have my shot.

On a different note, I have to give props to my girl, Katy, this week. Yesterday, we went to a birthday party for one of her classmates. Because she's at Montessori school, she is in a class with 6, 7, and 8 year old kids. Well, one of her classmates turned 9 and had a pizza part where Katy was introduced into the "Girls are icky" phase of childhood. She hung around hurt for a while until she finally took my advice of sitting wherever her little, feminine butt wanted to sit. I'm so proud of my little feminist...she plopped herself at the boys' table and didn't move until it was time to go. Good for her!

On the "boy" front, Jamie woke up screaming Saturday morning. For the first time, ever, he was able to verbalize what was wrong and told me his ears hurt. He was also running a fever, so I suppose tomorrow will be a doctor's visit for his ears -- the first for his ears since right after he had his tubes in! They fell out ages ago, so I've been very happy with the result of him having tubes!

My beloved husband, Frank, called me on Thursday night this week to tell me "we needed to talk" as he was on his way home from work. Terrified, I just knew he was going to tell me he had lost his job and I was absolutely nauseated as I waited for him to come home. I could have punched him when I met him at the door and he said, "I got a raise!" I cried with relief, then immediately apologized for crying! But, when all is said and done, I'm thrilled that he has done so well! Good job, my sweets!

All for this week. I've got one more load of laundry to get folded before we get back in the "week."

No comments:

Post a Comment