Monday, November 15, 2010

Pain Mangement

Imagine my surprise today when I called my Pain MANAGEMENT doctor b/c my most recent foray into pain meds has left feeling, well, painful (and nauseated, fwiw). Summoning up my courage to call, I waited for most of the day before calling them back. It took 5 minutes for my 2nd call to be returned. After I told the nurse that my pain meds were not working and that perhaps I had a tolerance from 10 years off and on with them, she said, "Well, we're not going to change your medicine."

Wait a minute...don't I give you the big bucks to manage my pain? I don't care if it's extra super duper strength Aleve...it's the job of your clinic to manage my pain. If that means moving up my shot date or cutting out my discs, I don't really care.

So, I'm waiting for the office manager to call me back because I "complained" (which is short for cried over the phone about how I don't understand why the nurse was gruff with me), but I expect I'll be sitting in an office some time this week, with or without an apointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment